Sunday, January 6, 2008

Too busy running the world

I caught this article on When Evil Prospers about Roger Clemens and the Mitchel Report. I have to say that I agree with John on this. This Congress has done very little since they were elected, other than try to coerce President Bush into pulling the troops out. The government has no business in trying to regulate MLB. That's a job for the commissioner of baseball, not my congressman. If illegal activities are uncovered by the MLB, then judicial proceedings can start. Did I mention Congress in my last two sentences? Of course not. That's because their business is the running of this country, not the running of our national past time. Congress can spend our tax dollars to hold hearings to determine whether or not Roger Clemens used steroids, or whether his trainer just said he did (can someone say cat fight), meanwhile we're in the second quarter of fiscal year 2008 and the defense budget hasn't been signed yet.
Did someone forget to remind the Congress that we're at war!

If Congress wants to get involved in baseball then I suggest they do what the rest of the country does, buy a ticket, a ballpark frank, and a beer and enjoy the game.

No comments: